WELCOME TO THE MISSION
OF ST. LUKE, KANSAS CITY
We are a Mission sharing the Gospel
in Spanish with the Latinos
of Wyandotte County
and Kansas City Metro Area.
Our New Five-Year Mission Plan
Recently God has laid it upon my heart to launch a five-year plan to plant more Latino churches in the Kansas City Metro area.
This is a great missionary endeavor that will will require four changes in my life.
1. To reimagine my role from being a pastor of one congregation to becoming a missionary church planter once again. I will continue as the pastor of the church in Kansas City, Kansas but will be focused on evangelism and the starting of house churches.
2. Expand my outreach to other urban areas in the KC Metro. Instead of focusing completely on 35,000 Latinos residing in Wyandotte County, I will look to the metro area where 176,000 call KC home. I am currently working with the Christ Church Anglican Mission with focus on northern Johnson County and with St. Aidan’s Anglican with focus on the Northeast of Kansas City, Missouri.
3. Focus on the development of indigenous leadership. This will both formal and informal training with the intent of raising up house church pastors.
4. Shut down my thrift store and raise a support team. We closed the store down in early October and have currently expanded our support team from six families to 11 families. That leaves us 20 more families to go.
Our Anglican Worship Services
Everyone is welcome to attend worship services, spoken in Spanish, held each Sunday at 2 p.m.
St. Luke’s Anglican Church
722 Reynolds St.
Kansas City, Kansas 66101
Help Support This Important Mission
For more information about supporting the Mission of St. Luke – La Misión
de San Lucas – financially or to become involved as a volunteer, please
contact The Rev. Gene Flanery, The Mission of St. Luke.
Phone or text 913-706-6766.
Your financial donations are needed to help us expand our services to the Latinos of Wyandotte County, Kansas. All donations for this ministry are tax deductible through La Misión de San Lucas (501c3).
Current Outreach Programs
- Planting New Churches in the Kansas City Metro area
- Teaching English Classes for Spanish Speakers
- Bible Study in Spanish
- Summer Kids Soccer Camp
- Vacation Bible School
St. Luke’s Mission volunteers are also needed in all areas. A knowledge of the Spanish language is helpful, but not necessary. All that’s needed is a love for and a desire to help others in need.
About the Director
The Rev. Gene Flanery has served in missions since 1982. As an ordained Anglican priest, affiliated with Christ Church Anglican in Overland Park, Kansas, www.christchurch-op.org, he serves as a church planter within the Anglican Diocese of “The Church for the Sake of Others,” www.c4so.org. Gene and his wife Gloria reside in Kansas City, Kansas.
“I want to invite you to visit the Mission of St. Luke. After studying and preaching on the Gospel of St. Luke I have come to the strong conviction that if your life doesn’t intentionally cross the paths of the poor on a regular basis, you may not be truly following Jesus’ example. We at the Mission of St. Luke want to give you opportunities to share your faith with others who are less fortunate. Come, see and experience the Joy of serving at the Mission of St. Luke!”